Ensuring your commute with Clarkes is as relaxing and stress free as possible
The following list of hints, tips and general information has been compiled to ensure that each of our passengers has a relaxing and stress free journey. Some of these suggestions have been added at the request of passengers. If you think we have missed something from this list please let us know at email@example.com.
- Please do not obstruct the spare seat next to you by either placing your belongings on it or by sitting in the aisle seat. Personal belongings should be placed on the floor by your feet, in the overhead rack or for larger items please ask the driver to place them in the hold.
- Please keep the use of mobile phones onboard the vehicle to a minimum. Telephone conversations should be conducted quietly and phones put in silent mode so as not to disturb others.
- Please keep the volume of personal music players (such as MP3 players) to a minimum to avoid disturbing other passengers around you.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted onboard the coach at any time.
- Please be mindful of others onboard and keep conversations at a low volume.
- Animals are not permitted to travel on our vehicles unless they are assistance animals. Please let us know in advance if you will be travelling with an assistance animal.
- Please refrain from consuming any foods/ drinks with a pungent smell whilst onboard the vehicle.
- If using the recline function on your seat please ensure you are not impeding the comfort of the passenger behind you.
- If paying for a ticket onboard the vehicle with cash please ensure you have the correct money.
- A valid ticket must be carried with you on each journey. Without one you will be charged for that journey.
- The driver or any of Clarkes of London managerial or supervisory staff are empowered to carry out ticket checks onboard our coaches. Any forgeries or dubious tickets will be confiscated from you, you will not be permitted to travel and may face questioning from the Police.
- The driver or any of Clarkes of London managerial or supervisory staff is empowered to require a passenger to leave the coach should their behaviour be a danger to themselves or a danger or nuisance to other passengers or a danger to other road users. Such behaviour shall include the consumption of alcohol, noise from any instrument, radio or recorded sound player, unpleasant language and threatening behaviour.
- Please respect your neighbours by keeping noise at the bus stop to a minimum, especially in the early hours.
- Please remain seated until the vehicle comes to a stop.
- For safety reasons please do not obstruct the coach aisle. Bags must not be hung on arm rests and should instead be stored on the floor by your feet or in the overhead racks. Obstruction of the aisle could impede your evacuation or the evacuation of other passengers in an emergency situation.
- Only employees of Clarkes of London are permitted to use the courier seat.
- Passengers should not speak to the driver or otherwise distract him/her whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- Passengers should familiarise themselves with the emergency exits onboard the vehicles.
- Coach passengers are legally required to wear seat belts. Failure to do so could lead to a £30 fixed penalty fine issued by the authorities which can increase up to £500 if the case goes to court.